The California Cooperative Healthcare Reporting Initiative (CCHRI), a collaborative of health care purchasers, plans and providers, was convened in 1993 by the Pacific Business Group on Health to help consumers and purchasers make informed health care purchasing decisions.
Our mission is to collect and report comparable, reliable performance data for stakeholder use. Members of the collaborative work together to:
- Collect and report standardized, reliable health plan and provider performance data.
- Promote the use of accurate and comparable quality measures.
- Create efficiency in data collection leading to reduced burden and cost to all participants.
- Provide a source for expert advice to consumer reporting entities.
Nine health plans, representing over 90 percent of the commercial population in California, participate in a variety of CCHRI data collection projects, and many plans participate in several different projects. Health plan members include:
- Aetna Health of California
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Blue Shield of California
- CIGNA Healthcare
- Health Net of California
- Kaiser Permanente Northern California
- Kaiser Permanente Southern California
- PacifiCare, a UnitedHealthcare Company
- Western Health Advantage.
PBGH participating purchasers represent nearly three million California employees, retirees and their families.
Physician organizations represented in the cooperative include the 150 plus medical group/IPA participants in the Patient Assessment Survey project as well as:
- California Association of Physician Groups (CAPG)
- California Medical Association (CMA)
- Permanente Medical Groups (PMG)
The degree of cooperation among participants in CCHRI is unique. All participants adhere to pre-established rules for data collection and reporting and abide by an established framework for decision-making. Governance is provided by an 18 member Executive Committee comprised of equal representation from each of the stakeholder groups: purchasers/consumers, plans and providers. Decisions are made by majority vote.
PBGH is the fiscal agent for CCHRI and provides staff to support the collaborative.
CCHRI Senior Manager
Julie France, PBGH